Monday, July 9, 2012

First Day of Camp!

Today was the first day of Summer Camp with all the participants. We didn't start doing much until late in the day, after dinner. We had a very inspiring and encouraging prayer meeting prior to the opening of camp. I know that a lot of our Nordic friends have found our blog, and a shout out to all of you. We also met afterwards to talk and debrief with the missions team. It was great to meet the youth that are in my group, and play games and just get to know them. Its been a great start to camp, and I can't wait to see what God has in store for us. I am partnered with a Nordic co-worker, and so is Adrienne. Macklin is partnered with Vernon and Margaret is partnered with Charles. God has truly been faithful to us. I think with some of us, or at least me, I know that I felt a little nervous, and was just anxious to the beginning of the camp so I knew what it would be like, and I was scared to meet my group. God is faithful, and all-knowing. I was so relieved when the group was so nice, and also so friendly to me, a guest at their camp.

You can continue to pray for our team, as each day feels longer, and more tiring. Also please pray for health, and healing for Adrienne, and Vernon who both have foot problems. Adrienne got a pretty bad bug bite. Pray that God will continue to work in this camp, and in each of the workers and participants, and leaders. Please pray that the words of our speakers, Jason Tarn, J.E, Vincent, and Enoch, will be not only refreshing, but convicting, and that God would speak through them mightily.

This was one of the first things we saw moving into our new sleeping area, Solsidan... I don't know how I feel about it... haha
 Charles' and My new living space.
 Have fun sleeping tonight Vernon!
 Map of the camp buildings looks like Legend of Zelda!
 The prayer wall in the prayer room
 The stage in the gym hall for worship

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the updates and pictures! We're praying for you!

    ReplyDelete