Saturday, July 14, 2012

More than just a week.

God has shown me that this camp has been more than just a week for me, and those who have participated. For me, He has used this experience, and my position as a leader, to reach out to the campers and also to bring me to a place where I depend on Him. Through asking questions, I had to think to myself what the answers were for me, in my life. Through teaching, God made me learn. Through serving, He has refreshed my spirit, and revitalized my faith, giving me a greater and greater appreciation for His love, and grace. Only God, in His infinite wisdom and providence, could ever foresee, and plan for this to happen to me, in a place where I needed stronger faith, and conviction.

As camp ends, I pray that everyone takes away more than just a week, that they would learn to put their utmost faith in He who provides for and loves them.

Today was baptism, which was a wondrous occasion to celebrate. I think today was jam packed with tasks, but I was very encouraged at their testimony evening, and worship evening.

As the good byes come tomorrow, I pray that these relationships, the family we have under Christ, will cross borders, and span nations, through a common love for the one God we throw our lives on.

Macklin experiencing some group love :)
 Charles and his photobomber. watch out!
 sheep
 taking down our dinner tents
 these sheep were outside the gym hall, where we have worship.
 the photographers, pros and noobs.
 the candle cross from testimony evening

No comments:

Post a Comment