Sunday, July 8, 2012

Sabbath Day

Today was another great day, but sort of hectic. More participants for the camp arrived today, so there were a few more people to meet. Today was very light in terms of anything we did, because we took it as a day of rest. I feel like we're growing closer to the Nordic local leaders, and really just having fun playing games with them like "the paper game" mafia, "the bread game" and stuff like that. I got to talk to different Christians from the Nordic churches, and it was great to hear their experiences, and also about what their home churches are like. I also was able to talk to one of my new friends from this weekend and express my gratitude for their being welcoming to us, and just being warm and friendly to us, and he responded that he really appreciates us missions teams coming, helping, and being an encouragement to them.

I ask that you pray for unity among our cross cultural team as we come to a half day until camp gets up and running. I also pray for direction, and focus for our missions team as we prepare for what God has in store. Please also pray that we would expect God to work in each and every part of the day, and each and everyone at Summer Camp, even if we do not directly interact with them.

We sang the cool song again today, during devotions. Vernon showed me the name of the song, but now I forget it... Sad... but its such a beautiful song, and I tried to record it today, but my phone froze while trying to. Maybe it's just me, but the worship aspect really hits home. I feel like I've talked to so many different people, and we end up talking about music, and worship bands, songs, and instruments. It is so awesome.

I am pretty tired, and I'm sure the rest of the team is too. Charles and I just got out of an intense game of Mafia with some of the other Nordic people.

Camp starts tomorrow afternoon! Please keep them, and us in your prayers.

One of the birds in Sweden. It's black and white, and I thought it was really cool looking.

Beautiful Nordic Sky.

Above the dining hall, is the room with the view.


Highlight of the day:
A bunch of the Nordic workers, the missions team from Houston, and our missions team spent a good amount of time watching the Wimbledon championship match between Federer and Murray together.


No comments:

Post a Comment